Paul Davis Red Deer In the Community
The Paul Davis Red Deer family is committed to serving our community. Our emergency clean-up services have granted us a unique perspective into the challenges that our neighbours can face every day, not just when disaster strikes. We are often exposed to individuals, families and companies in tough situations. We believe we have a social responsibility to the citizens, businesses and families of Red Deer to help in any way we can. We are happy to be involved in fundraisers and charities that strive to eliminate homelessness, poverty and abuse in Red Deer.
As a leading disaster restoration company in Central Alberta, we have seen many families affected by misfortune. In an instant, fire, water and dangerous storms can completely destroy homes and livelihoods. If you or someone you know has been the victim of a natural disaster, then you are one of the few people that truly understands the value of a helping hand.
The Paul Davis Red Deer team is a proud participant and donor of many local charities, such as:
- Raising the Roof: a national charity dedicated to long-term solutions to homelessness
- The Central Alberta Sexual Assault Support Centre and the Central Alberta Child Advocacy Centre: a donation for a new collaborative facility
- The Red Deer Hospice
- The Red Deer Regional Catholic Education Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House (Red Deer)
- The Red Deer Food Bank
- The Red Deer Women’s Shelter
- The Red Deer Festival of Trees: an annual fundraiser that donates to the Red Deer Regional Hospital Centre
- Notre Dame High School Service Project: Red Deer Victim’s Services
- Ihana Youth Choir: A local choir committed to enriching others’ lives through song and community
“My personal favorite community involvement campaign was our Warm and Fuzzy campaign. We broke our staff into teams, armed them with cash and sent them on challenges throughout the city. They dropped off donations of both money and purchased goods to a number of charities around town, paid the grocery bills for several random strangers that happened to be out shopping, shoveled driveways for unsuspecting homeowners and generally spent a few hours doing good throughout the community. Our staff each came back with such heartwarming stories that we knew the campaign was a success. But the icing on the cake came when we returned to our shop the following Monday and discovered that our entire laneway and parking area had been plowed—not a small feat. Someone had obviously been touched by our campaign and decided to pass it on. To this day, we don’t know who did that for us.”
—Greg Davey, President Paul Davis Red Deer
The Red Deer Hospice is a favourite cause of Paul Davis Red Deer. To show our support we entered a team of 60 participants in the 2017 Red Deer Run/Hike for the Hospice.